Slicer Bug Tracker Portal
We are using a software package called Mantis to keep track of feature requests and bug reports. After filing a report, please send an email to the Slicer Developers Mailing List.
You may report Slicer bugs on the Slicer Bug Tracker.
To file a bug report, you have to click on the Report Issue link in your browser. You will be presented a page with lots of fields for entries.
First select the appropriate project in the Project pull down menu at the upper right corner.
- Category: Choose a category you think your report fits best.
- Reproducibility: Please describe step by step, what needs to be done to help the reviewer reproduce the issue on his machine. E.g.: Start Slicer, Open "MRHead" from Sample Data, Open "Volumes" module, etc...
- Severity: Choose the right one from the drop down menu. Note: You may select Feature request here.
- Slicer Version: Choose the right one from the drop down menu. Include your OS and OS version in your report.
- Summary: A short description of your report. This will become the "headline" in the bug tracker.
- Description: Describe your issue as precisely as possible, but keep it brief. If you are able to reproduce a bug, please write down the steps necessary for reproduction.
- Additional Information: If you experienced a crash, please copy paste here the stack trace (core dump) if any.
- Upload a file: a screenshot (up to 5MB) for visual display of the issues you are reporting.
Click Submit Report. Note the URL of your report in your browsers address bar. You may send that link to the Slicer Developers Mailing List.
Subscribe to the mailing list or view the archives of past messages. Note: To avoid spam, only subscribers are allowed to post to this mailing list. Due to the volume of spam, non-subscriber postings will be ignored.