From SlicerWikiHome < Documentation < 4.1 < Modules < DiffusionWeightedVolumeMasking
For the latest Slicer documentation, visit the 4.3 page.
Introduction and Acknowledgements
This work is part of the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC), funded by the National Institutes of Health through the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research, Grant U54 EB005149. Information on NA-MIC can be obtained from the NA-MIC website.
Performs a mask calculation from a diffusion weighted (DW) image.
Starting from a dw image, this module computes the baseline image averaging all the images without diffusion weighting and then applies the otsu segmentation algorithm in order to produce a mask. this mask can then be used when estimating the diffusion tensor (dt) image, not to estimate tensors all over the volume.
Most frequently used for these scenarios:
- Use Case 1:
- Use Case 2:
Links to tutorials that use this module
Panels and their use
- Input DWI Volume: Input DWI volume
- Output Baseline Volume: Estimated baseline volume
- Otsu Threshold Mask: Otsu Threshold Mask
- Otsu Omega Threshold Parameter: Control the sharpness of the threshold in the Otsu computation. 0: lower threshold, 1: higher threhold
- Remove Islands in Threshold Mask: Remove Islands in Threshold Mask?
- Point to other modules that have similar functionality
Publications related to this module go here. Links to pdfs would be useful. For extensions: link to the source code repository and additional documentation
Information for Developers
|Section under construction.|